Visit EastCapeGuides.com for more information on a guided fishing trip to Baja's East Cape or visit VanWormerResorts.com
Palmas De Cortez Playa Del Sol Punta ColoradaVillas De Cortez

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Great Lost to the Saltwater Fishing World, Jose Wejebe Dies at 54


I just heard about Jose's passing and it rocked me to my core. I met him in 2005 at the Fred Hall Show and we talked tackle technology, lure design, etc. He struck me as a very technical angler, very much dedicated to new tackle technology and moving light tackle technical angling forward. If we all think back to the "old days" before braided lines, small high performance reels and butterfly jigs, they seem like the dark ages. As a guide and TV host, Jose took many of these new tackle technologies from Shimano, field tested them in South Florida and presented them to the world. My condolences go out to the Wejebe Family.

He was a true innovator, he elevated our sport and he will be missed.

More details...
http://www.sportfishingmag.com/news/jose-wejebe-dies-plane-crash

Buena pesca,

Mark